Thursday, January 1, 2009

Faux Girl Scout Cookies

Tagalongs anyone? My lovely neighbor Lori introduced me to these delicious treats at our pre-Christmas Cookie making marathon, hosted by our other lovely neighbor Diane. The recipe is so awesome I had to share!!! Trust me, you will like these.
Step 1: Gather up some Ritz crackers, peanut butter & chocolate candy melts.

Step 2: Make peanut butter filled Ritz sandwiches...you know, the kind you've made 100's of times for snacks...
easy, right!

Step 3: Melt your chocolate according to the directions (I used Wilton Candy melts and melted them in the microwave at 50% power).

Step 4: Dunk those sandwiches! I used a fork to flip them over and scoop them out - I also wiggled them (very scientific, I know) back in forth a few times while on the fork to get the excess chocolate off.


Step 5: Lay them on a wax paper covered cookie sheet...then chill until hardened. (~15 minutes)


Step 6: Enjoy your Faux Girl Scout Tagalongs!!!
P.S. - I had some leftover chocolate, so I added about 10 Mint Truffle Hershey Kisses to the chocolate, melted them all together..then dipped single Ritz crackers and made Thin Mints!!

Double Yum!!! Sorry Girl Scouts...I couldn't wait until Spring for the cookie orders.



No comments: