Saturday, November 7, 2009

Kicking off the Holiday Season! Hot Crab Dip - yum!

It's no secret that I LOVE this time of the year. I love the food, visiting with friends and family, decorating, and did I mention the food!?


What better way to get excited for the holidays than sharing favorite recipes? I'll be posting a new recipe (or two) every day or so until Thanksgiving. Hope you enjoy them as much as I do! This one is always a HUGE hit at gatherings...

Hot Crab Dip
~ Charleston Receipts, Repeats


2 8-ounce packages cream cheese

1/2 cup milk

1/4 cup chopped green onions

1 1/2 tablespoons horseradish

2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce

dash white pepper

dash salt

12 ounces crabmeat

2 tablespoons white wine or sherry


Combine all ingredients except crabmeat and wine in top of double broiler.

Cook for 30 minutes.

Add crabmeat and wine/sherry and cook for 10 more minutes.

Serve with crackers or in pastry shells.

No comments: