Monday, April 7, 2008

Momma's got a brand new bag!

Happy cold and rainy Monday!


Spring is a tease...the weather was really nice and then BAM! Cold, dreary, rain for 3 days! Aaagh - can't take it anymore!! How do people live in Seattle? I would go crazy for sure.


At least with the nasty weather I was able to get to some sewing this weekend without feeling guilty about being inside. I learned how to make fabric yo-yo's..which will make cute little pins I think..next project, perhaps tonight.



I also made this cute purse called The Frenchy Bag - by Amy Butler. I have been eyeing the pattern for months and just never got around to it, until now! My friend B. saw the pattern and loved it too, and since she doesn't sew (yet..come on B. you can do it!) I got the little extra motivation to buy the pattern and give it a try. As always, with the first try I learned some things, so I'm ready to make #2...and that one is for B. (as soon as the fabric gets here!).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

YAY!!! I love it! So CUTE!!! Can't wait until the fabric arrives... ;)

BTW - A friend has a sewing machine she never uses and has offered to let me borrow it to get me started... perhaps my new summer project...