Saturday, April 19, 2008

Pooped.

What a busy week! I had my "trunk show" last night and it went really well...yay!! It was lot's of fun and I've got some custom orders to get to work on, so that's a good thing!! I'm thinking of doing a small craft show here in Richmond, The Strawberry Street Festival. I'll keep you posted on that one - it's actually rather expensive for a booth (compared to most local shows), but I'm thinking of sharing a table with another crafter to make it less costly. I see boatloads of fabric flower pins in my future!

T. & I spent the day at Maymont, and it couldn't have been a better day for it. Usually when we go the black bears are snoozing away, but today they were playing together and it was the cutest thing ever! It was nice for T. to finally see them active. They were wrestling, standing on their hind legs, swatting & rolling around. After watching the bears we walked therough the trails of the bamboo forest until we were spit out at the entrance to his favorite part of the park (and mine), the Japanese Garden. We climbed the rocks at the waterfall, dangled our feet in the pond at the base of the waterfall, jumped the stepping stones (about a million times) and tried to catch minnows with our bare hands. It was a fantastic day. On our way out of the park he said "Mommy, I had fun today" and that made the day even better. I have lots of pictures...I'm just too lazy to upload them right now...I'll post the link sometime..

When we got home from Maymont we decided to continue our day outdoors...the Richmond Braves had a 7pm home game against the Charlotte Knights, so we headed down to the Diamond for some hot dogs, popcorn, peanuts & Dippin' Dots...oh, and we watched some baseball too. Go Braves!

No comments: