Monday, October 6, 2008

1.6 miles

I did it, I broke in my new shoes and actually was able to run 1.6 miles this morning without much trouble..I think I will try to make the full 2 miles tomorrow morning. I definitely wouldn't have done so well without my handy new Nike + gadget...I am in love! Have you heard of this? It's a sensor that goes in your shoe (or in a pouch on your shoe for non Nike shoes) and it transmits your distance/time/calories burned to your i-pod. She tells you when you hit the halfway point and will tell you how much you have left at any point if you hit the button on the i-pod. It's like a coach & running partner that keeps the same pace as you..it's wonderful! I am in love.

I also discovered this morning that my neighborhood is filled with morning runners! Who knew!? All this activity happening before 8am!? And now I'm part of it...Go Me!

No comments: