Monday, October 27, 2008

A Lazy Post

I have two new favorite things, and because I am lazy and do not feel like getting the camera right now we will be sans photo...even though the apple butter looks really cute all dressed up in the jar. Maybe tomorrow I will not be so lazy. Geez..I can't even think of an interesting title. Anyway - I am rambling (another sign of lazy..and tired)...so here are my two newest favorite things.

1. Homemade apple butter, deeee-licious. It all started whe my delightful neighbor brought us a bag of freshly picked apples from Carter Mountain. There were so many I knew they were destined to be more than just sliced up apples.. thus started the search for apple recipes. I found an apple butter recipe in an old issue of Gourmet Magazine that was really simple, and thought..I can do this!! I've never canned anything before, and I must say - once you have all of the necessary tools (and a great neighbor who lends them to you so you can try it out) it's really no big production. Our bag of apples turned into 3 lovely jars of Apple Butter.

2. Trader Joes. It's new to the Richmond area, and now I see why people love it so much! What's not to love? It's inexpensive, there is a great selection, and the Trader Joes Pancake Mix is the best I've ever had. Serve the pancakes up with homemade apple butter on a chilly fall morning with a nice cup of chai...yummm!!! This is exactly why I have to keep running...I love food WAY too much.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh YUM!!!! I like your breakfast idea.... Thanks for sharing! And yes, Trader Joe's is AWESOME!!!