Sunday, February 10, 2008

Crafty Weekend!


Weekends always go by way too fast, and usually I get nothing accomplished aside from grocery shopping and visiting my Nana. This weekend was definitely different...I did those things AND went to the fabric shop, started and finished a purse project (for myself...see pic), started and finished a baby gift (pic tomorrow...it's being washed at the moment) AND went to the I "heart" Craft event that was put together by The Richmond Craft Mafia & the Richmond Etsy Street Team. Whew, I'm pooped! The get-together was really nice..I went WAY outside of my comfort zone and went alone, and knew nobody..so that was a bit scary for me...but I am glad I went. There are so many nice crafters in Richmond, it was fun to meet some of the folks that have Etsy shops & really cute crafts that I have been admiring. For those of you with kids, I met a girl who makes monster softies that you design yourself...she does birthday parties too where kids can design their monsters that are "missing" and she takes their drawings and "finds" (makes) them and delivers them to the kids. How cool...anyway, here is her site in case you are interested..Missing Monsters. I also met a really nice girl who makes beautiful jewelry with a vintage feel, TwistStyle - I've been eying a few pieces....so many cute ones to choose from.

2 comments:

zeesmom said...

Monster, Monster where are you??? Thanks for the info on missing monsters. I got one for Zee that is a fish and I am going to get one for our friend in Colorado Springs too. That is an awesome idea. See you next weekend for moms birthday. Love A

zeesmom said...

We got a Monster!!! What an awesome idea I can't wait to pick up our lost monster. Hope he will be found soon! See you next weekend for moms birthday.
Love A