Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Alice Would Approve

After the caterpillar placed a hex on my not-quite 6 year old GE Profile washing machine we had the serviceman come pay a visit to see what was wrong with it. The prognosis was not good, the estimate to fix it cost more than I think we paid for the machine (or at least darn close)...so we decided to bite the bullet and start looking for a new machine. We settled on a SpeedQueen...I know what your thinking...never heard of it, right? The company has been around for 100 years, making only laundry equipment...and they make them rugged and tough, just like the"old days." I feel like an advertisement right now..


My new machine came today - woohoo! Perhaps I watched a little too much Brady Bunch growing up, but I must say this..all I could think about today while the delivery guys were setting up my beautiful new washing machine was Alice in her little blue shirt-dress and white half apron, happily doing laundry and making lovely meals for the Brady's. Why the Brady Bunch flashback? My lovely new washing machine (which I am naming Alice as a tribute) isn't one of those new-fangled-touch-button-digital display doo-hickies...nope, she's a beauty though. She looks plain and simple, and very "old school" - reminding me of the washing machine we had growing up. I ran several loads of laundry tonight (my attempt to get through the Mt. Everest size pile) and I am so pleased with it. I thought it may be louder than my old machine, but it's actually very quiet...more so than my old machine! Ok, enough with the laundry..boring, I know.


I received my Kraft Food & Family Summer 08 magazine on Saturday and made the most delicious Grilled Cedar-Planked Salmon tonight.


(not my picture...this is from the magazine..but it looked like this!)
It was perfect and easy...Alice would approve of this too! You really must try it if you like Salmon.
We have two cookouts this weekend so I'm planning to try this Pizza Pasta Salad recipe - I'll let you know how it turns out!

Alice and I have more laundry to do...signing off!

No comments: