Saturday, March 22, 2008

New baby, Sick parent, Easter eggs & Canopy

Hello! It's been a busy week, and the weekend hasn't slowed a bit.


Friday started off with wonderful news of my cousin's new baby, but quickly changed as my mom let me know that my dad was being taken to the hospital for a possible heart attack...not the best news to end the week. Dad's doing well, they apparently caught the heart attack as it was happening..so needless to say he's in the hospital unitil at least Monday until he can get a cath lab done. For those of you who don't know my dad, he's not happy to settle down and "rest" in the hospital for a few days...so we took him some movies to get him through the weekend.


On a happier note, T. & I dyed Easter eggs last night, which was entertaining to say the least. We have several brown easter eggs and a few that I call "toxic waste green" - those being the eggs that somehow made it into all 9 of the dye cups at some point during their journey.




Another happy note - it seems that Walmart may actually have a relatively nice line of home products out! I was perusing through my newest Better Homes & Gardens magazine, and there was a really nice mini-catalog insert with some nice looking pieces. The line is called Canopy and it reminds me of Pottery Barn, on a major budget. The lighting is especially beautiful...think Restoration Hardware, only at 3/4 of the price. I'm excited to check it out on my next trip to Walmart...I'll let you know if it's as nice in person!

No comments: